Dr. Hurt's Father is a dentist. She started working in the office every summer between school terms since she was twelve years old. Before starting dental school, she worked in a dental laboratory for six months.
After this, the perio-department hired her at the Medical College of Georgia to assist perio- residents in surgery, and to help with diagnosis of new patients.
She currently holds two dental licenses: one in Alaska and another in Georgia. Her first job after dental school was in Alaska as an a associate for Dr. Lennard Yuknis. After returning to Georgia, she went into private practice with her father and brother, who are also dentist. When she moved from Cordele, GA. to work in Atlanta, Dr. Hurt started doing fill-in work for many of the large Dental groups. Prior to her dental degree, Dr. Hurt had dental assisting experience for many years.
- AA Oxford College of Emory University: 1981-1983 - Emory University, Atlanta, GA: 1983-1984 Major: Chemistry, Minor: Biology - Georgia State University: Chemical synthesis of anti-cancer drugs used to stop the growth of tumors. - Medical College of Georgia, School of Dentistry: 1988-1992
Dr. Gina is a member of:
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- Northwestern District Dental Society
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Georgia Academy of General Dentistry